Recall with us, if you will, a simpler time: Times Square, Herald Square, Union Square, and other of New York City's (often tourist-filled) pedestrian wonderlands of today were taxi-clogged demolition derby zones where bicycles and bipedal organisms alike feared to tread.
See how much it all changed in the space of a decade with this amazing series of before-and-after clips:
credit: NYC Streets Metamorphosis by StreetFilms.
New York City before-and-afters captured in the video above:
- Times Square (2005 vs. 2012)
- Kent Avenue (2002 vs. 2009)
- Madison Square (2007 vs. 2013)
- Sands Street (2006 vs. 2013)
- Herald Square (2005 vs. 2011)
- Queensboro Bridge (2008 vs. 2011)
- 9th Avenue (2007 vs. 2013)
- Also featured: Clinton Street, Corona Plaza, 78th Play Street, Allen Street, and Union Square